Silk Road Gala 2021
If you missed the event, please use this link to watch the video at anytime.
We were thrilled to share in this inspiring and moving evening to celebrate our community's diversity and strength. Thank you for sharing in our mission of empowering Asian survivors of domestic violence and abuse to rebuild their lives. Our work bridges language and cultural gaps for Asian communities, and advocates for social change to end the culture of violence.
The Silk Road Gala is ATASK’s largest annual fundraiser and community celebration, where we gather together to learn about ATASK's critical work. Our annual Gala provides essential funding for ATASK, enabling us to provide safety and life-changing opportunities for our survivors. Funds raised will support the ever-increasing demand for ATASK’s services.
It is through the generosity of our community partners and supporters that our work is made possible. We hope you will consider making a gift to support survivors of domestic violence. With your support, together we are making a difference in the lives of survivors.
Program of events:
- Welcome by Janet Wu
- Message from ATASK Co-Executive Directors, Cristina Ayala & Dawn Sauma, LICSW
- Keynote by Chef Irene Li
- Presentation of paintings by Jim Aylward & Kija Kim
- Remarks by ATASK Direct Service Staff
- A Survivor's Journey by Rumana
- Musical Performance by Juri Love
- Closing Remarks by ATASK Board Chair, Poonam Patidar
- All We Need, song by ATASK Clients